Warminster: Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service warn parents of fire dangers
By nhavergal | Thursday, September 13, 2012, 10:26
Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service are warning parents the dangers of fire hazards in the home after a boy was severely burnt.
Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service want to warn of fire dangers in the home.
A boy, it has been reported, accidently lit a lighter which set fire to the cotton t-shirt he was wearing resulting in severe burns which had to be treated in hospital.
Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service are reminding people to keep any naked flames and lighters out of reach of children.
Most lighters are child safety locked however still pose as a safety risk.
Watch Manager Neil Chamberlain, from the Community and Safety Department said: "This incident has highlighted the risk to children if they play with fire of any kind. We urge parents to keep lighters and matches in a safe place at all times, and to explain to their children the dangers of fire."
For more information about fire prevention and fires in the home visit the Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service website here.