Profile image for buj5gmk

Did anyone notice orange lights in the sky last night (Friday July 9) at 10-30: travelling fast and silent from west to east? We saw 2, on precisely the same trajectory.

By buj5gmk at 09:44 on 10/07/10

Re-post           

• Profile image for Victoriaco

Would like to hear more about this sighting - where were you standing? - how large were they and how long could you see them for?

By Victoriaco at 11:43 on 10/07/10

• Profile image for buj5gmk

Four of us in the garden, south of the town: clear view of reasonably clear sky, no wind. Saw them for about 3 mins as they each made a large trajectory some 5 minutes apart. Size hard to judge, bright but not large: seemed to be composed of 3 points of light. If high, thern moving at an extraordinary speed; if lower, their silence was odd.

By buj5gmk at 15:39 on 10/07/10

• Profile image for ufokev

Sorry to be a kill joy here but this does seem to be a classic "Lantern" sighting. They are very difficult to guage the size of, and are normally orange in colour. These may have been teathered together to form a formation. I know that the damn things are on sale in the town. The fact that they were released on a Friday evening also ties in with the pattern, as they are often launched at BBQs and such like. We did ahve one launched at the skywatch on Cradle Hill last year, which, to put it midly, I was not at all happy with!
    Kevin Goodman.

By ufokev at 23:41 on 27/08/10

Thanks Keith! Joy is definitely not killed: the thing is we were just foxed. I've never heard or seen these "Lantern"s before - but will keep an eye out now. Thanks again for taking the trouble to respond. Geoff

By buj5gmk at 08:43 on 28/08/10

Thanks Kevin! Joy is definitely not killed: the thing is we were just foxed. I've never heard or seen these "Lantern"s before - but will keep an eye out now. Thanks again for taking the trouble to respond. Geoff

By buj5gmk at 08:44 on 28/08/10

• Profile image for FrenchStevie

Hi everyone.My names Steve and I have moved to Warminster from Frome in the last 14 months,and I'm very interested in all this ufo stuff I have been reading about.My own story is as follows,I was driving home from work on Thursday 12th of august at about 10.15pm when I saw in the sky just to the right hand side of cley hill a dark grey triangle shaped object moving slowly towards Warminster.As I drove I watched it for a good couple of minutes,and when I got to the roundabout at the entrance to Longleat,this object shot off at high speed towards Crockerton,and disappeared.There was no other traffic in front or behind me at the time,and I'm wondering if anyone else saw this?This object was dark grey in colour and had no markings or lights on it at all.

By FrenchStevie at 19:19 on 01/09/10

Hi Steve - Welcome to Warminster and the website - and thanks for telling us your UFO story. It's made me wonder if there is anybody in Warminster collecting this sort of information to create a co-ordinated record of sightings around the town - perhaps the Town Council should appoint a UFOmeister!

By Victoriaco at 07:34 on 02/09/10

" perhaps the Town Council should appoint a UFOmeister!"
    Well, although not in the town if anyone wishes to send me reports as they come in, I'll do what I can. A few years ago I looked into opening a UFO Museum/tourist attraction in the town, but support was so underwhelming that in the end I gave up. Places in the USA such as Roswell do very well out of the UFO tourist trade, and am frankly surprised that no-one has given this idea serious thought.
    I am, at present, working on what will hopefully be the definitive book on the Warminster UFO saga, entitled "Warminster-the forgotten mystery?"
    So comeon, people of Warminster, lets get behind a unique social/cultural phenomenon that has never been seen elsewhere in the world! It is something to be celebrated, not swept under the carpet to be forgotten about. Whatever the cause of it was, it is damn fascinating...

By ufokev at 22:34 on 19/09/10

Great idea ufokey! I think people who experienced them may be ambarrassed to talk about these things. In enquiring, one would have to be discreet and such a museum posited would need to be dignified, tasteful and leave room for scepticism - no reason why it wouldn't be: but there are definite tourism possibilties here.

By buj5gmk at 08:16 on 20/09/10

Yes, how about Warminster having some kind of "UFO centre" - after all many regard it as the UFO capital of the country? How about such a place being part of the plan for the refurbished Town Hall? This should be one of the questions raised at the Civic Trust's public meeting to be held in the Assembly Rooms on Friday 15th October when ideas for the building's future are being discussed?

By Victoriaco at 11:02 on 20/09/10

I agree with both statements. I will help out as much as I can, so if anyone can begin to think of ways to get this idea of the ground, I'll back it 100%. The only problem being is that I'm 100 miles away, but Warminster as Victoria well knows, is not only in my blood
    these days, but my heart as well. If anyone wiches to contact me directly, my email address is ufo_warminster@yahoo.co.uk
    Did you know for example, when the film independance day came out, the town was presented with a plaque or scroll, from the film company, as part of the publicity drive, proclaiming it to be the UFO capital of the UK?
    As Mr. Caine would say, "Not a lot of people know that"...

By ufokev at 17:12 on 20/09/10

Good to have your support - much thinking in progress!

By Victoriaco at 22:35 on 20/09/10

If this helps, I did start an apporach to the council a few years ago, and the staff at the TI office were very helpful and seemed to think that it was something that had possibilites. I was looking at openeing a small shop/museum at the time, until a major cash draining event stopped it. I do think that perhaps an approach to Centre Parcs/Lord Bath may have some use too. If Lord Bath at least agrees to the idea in principle, we/you would have a major name on board. It still amazes me just how many people in warminster dont know what went on there!

By ufokev at 12:00 on 26/09/10

• Profile image for Gyro999

Actually the poster who said he thought they were chinese lanterns is i believe mistaken. It is odd, how someone always makes a post that says "oh it was just such and such", and everyone takes it as read - just like with Doug & Dave and the crop circles.

In fact I saw a very similar thing to your first poster, and it defintiely wasn't a chinese lantern. I have seen chinese lanters plenty of times in the past, so know what they are, and look like, and whilst I agree that they can seem eeire, and difficult to fathom what the gentleman at the beginning of this post saw, and what I saw could not have been chinese lanterns. He states that they progressed across the sky in the same trajectory, and moving across the sky very quickly. Chines lanters don't follow a smooth and regular trajectory, as they are floating on the wind, and require a calm night to be launched. They also rise up as they go along, and do not follow a horizontal trajectory. One is reminded of disinformation, and I wonder whether this type of posting where someone says it's this or that, is an example of this. I will post my own sighting later on this site.

Philip

By Gyro999 at 17:32 on 03/10/10

Anybody else read this week's news that United Nations is expected to appoint a Malaysian astrophycisist as UN space ambassador for extra terrastrial contact affairs? - http://tinyurl.com/24tvhak
    Maybe she should be invited to Warminster?

By Victoriaco at 19:03 on 03/10/10

"Actually the poster who said he thought they were chinese lanterns is i believe mistaken. It is odd, how someone always makes a post that says "oh it was just such and such", and everyone takes it as read"

Hold on a moment there Philip!
    Just to inform you of a few facts.
    A]I am a Warminster Skywatching veteran of nearly 30 years standing, have written a book regalling my experiences in Warminster.
    B] I have probably seen more unknown LITS [Lights In The Sky] over the years than I care to count.
    C] The lanterns ARE readily available to buy in the town, and can "fly" in a horizontal trajectory as there are different layers of air currents

I never will rule out a genuine UFO sighting, but bitter experience has taught me one thing: I know what I saw, and the witness knew what they saw and, at the end of the day, whatever anyone says, they were UFOs.
    Please watch this YouTube video:

http://tinyurl.com/38zlwxv

From 5 minutes and 40 seconds in...

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not a disinformation agent! Otherwise why would I run the ufo warminster website?

Regards,

Kevin

By ufokev at 16:50 on 04/10/10

• Profile image for t00t5

I am currently in surbiton surrey and last night thursday 6th october 2010 around 10.30 p.m Myself and my stepfather both saw two orange objects fly past over the house at an incredible speed with no sound whatsoever, now before you say lantern I would like to point out that an object made of paper would have a job to travel so fast let alone two following the exact same flight path, and the speed they were going the string would have to be about 20 miles long for them to have travelled past 5 minutes apart on THE EXACT same flight path wouldn't it?....and wouldn't the flame be snuffed out if the object was travelling so fast??? we have planes flying past all the time but they have sound and these two objects didn't, Did anyone else see anything similar last night?

By t00t5 at 11:44 on 07/10/10

Thanks for telling us about your sightings - the more information gathered the better. Warminster has become known as the UFO capital of UK and we are certainly interested in hearing about all unexplained activities - just wondered if you have posted this on http://tinyurl.com/2vbzd42 as well? There might be somebody local who saw the lights too?

By Victoriaco at 20:40 on 07/10/10

Folks, a contact in Warminster has just sent me this information. Can anyone confirm it is true, and if so, should we all do something about this?

Hi Kevin,

Disastrous news from Cradle Hill! The road leading to the barn has now been blocked off to vehicles, access now only on foot. The army are also trying to block off the main road on the hill, illegally according to the council who are fighting against it. So all hell has broken loose, we'll see if their campaign can keep the road open.

Horrfied and disappointed,

I would suggest contacting the local MP and getting the story into the mainstream media. I have already started the ball rolling here from this end by contacting all the high profile people I know within Ufology, and the general feeling is one of disgust.
    "Keep the flame burning..."

Kevin

By ufokev at 09:50 on 12/11/10

This was a front page story in the Warminster Journal this week. The Ministry of Defence claims that irresponsible dog owners are to blame as soldiers have complained that they are getting "dog faeces on their clothes and equipment". Not sure this is fair if fields are also occupied by sheep and cattle?
    From UFO watching point of view access on foot is not denied - but it does mean it won't be possible to do the watching sitting in a car.

By Victoriaco at 16:49 on 13/11/10

• Profile image for theclarksma

they were lanterns - our neighbor on Jacksonville road was releasing them last night with his kids. sorry to disappoint.

By theclarksma at 16:21 on 23/11/12

• Profile image for edwinlouis

Where is Jacksonville Road, I've lived here for more than 80 years, and I've never heard of it.

By edwinlouis at 16:31 on 26/11/12

• Profile image for ChrisWarren

Its in Warminster, Pensylvania, USA. These UFOs must nip across the Atlantic quickly!

By ChrisWarren at 19:38 on 26/11/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent