Profile image for wp_alistair

Warminster has plenty of empty shops and retail units, some in prominent high street positions - we all know the economic reasons behind this. However, what would you WANT to see in the town? If you could magically fill the empty spaces overnight, what would you choose? Personally, I would love to see a Waterstones or a much larger WHSmith in the town, or another book retailer...and maybe another funkier clothes shop?

By wp_alistair at 22:33 on 25/08/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for pebblesmedia

Agree with the Waterstones - or indeed any bookstore. Not sure in the current climate Waterstones will be looking to open any new stores, sadly.

An upmarket Wine Bar or Public House would be good, planning was turned down for the one in the Close. There is KS but I have not been in there yet - but I mean something large, light and airy. There are options for Coffee in Warminster but people do like brands so a Costa or Starbucks would do well in Warminster.

Might be somewhat controversial but what about a decent technology shop now that Dixons has gone? Argos, yes, of course, but it isn't the same as getting decent advice.

However all of the above would work much better with a more sensible car parking strategy in Warminster!

By pebblesmedia at 20:09 on 30/08/11

• Profile image for jobaggs

I'd like to see a much larger Smiths, a Marks and Spencers, a Waterstones (why not, we're getting a Waitrose aren't we), a Starbucks and a McDonalds. Another/better shoe shop as well. There is no "oompf" to the high street anymore. The town needs life and investment - big brands can do this.

By jobaggs at 16:32 on 31/08/11

• Profile image for arl24

...a decent men's clothes shop!

By arl24 at 21:11 on 02/09/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent